NEUROLOGICAL MUSIC THERAPY
New 8 week Neurological Music Therapy group for people with neurological conditions including stroke, Parkinson’s and MS, and, if desired, their carers. No musical experience is needed to attend.
Where: Integrated Neurological Service, 82 Hampton Road, TW2 5QS
When: Wednesdays 11.30am – 12.30pm, 20th September – 15th November (no session 25th Oct)
Music therapy has many benefits for people with neurological conditions. It can trigger memories and help to create and strengthen neural pathways, bringing wide benefits:
- Breathing and vocal exercises can help breath flow and vocal communication
- Mindfulness and relaxation techniques can reduce anxiety
- Making music with others improves mental well-being
- Song-writing helps self-expression
- Writing and remembering lyrics can improved cognition and memory
- Playing an instrument, moving and walking to a beat can strengthen muscles
For more information and to book your place, please email INS at: email@example.com or call: 020 8755 4000
Thank you to the LBRuT Active Richmond Fund for funding this project.